We provide electric drive concepts that are tailored to your requirements. Our drive-train concepts include the design and selection of both mechanical and electronic components.
In addition, we select the components suppliers.
After confirmation and approval of the concept, we proceed using the following steps:
- We start by selecting the appropriate control units for the on-board power supply
- The selection of the electric motor including the gearbox
- Then the control units will be developed and adapted to the on-board power supply as well as to the propulsion
- This followed by simulations and test bench analysis, whereupon the drive system will be integrated into the chassis and
- Finally we validate and verify the final solution with your team
If you desire to produce small pre-series batches, this can be realised through consulting and setting a time plan with our development team. The amount of the produced pre-series batches depends on the complexity of the system and the requested ordered quantities.
Functional Safety based Embedded Software Development
Naturally, we conduct functional safety measures in the field of software development. The functional safety software development process consists of the following topics:
Software Safety Requirements
Our experts specify the safety relevant functions and interfaces between software and hardware. They separate safety-relevant and non-secure program parts and identify all safety-relevant communication connections.
We acquire an overview over the functionalities and allocate the main memory areas. Using the fail-safe-concept we create the initial diagnosis and model the software modules.
This is followed by a description of the hardware interfaces. We set the communication (LIN, CAN, SPI, Signales) as well as the operation modes and the system behaviour.
We determine the test coverage and the test progress through the test plan as well as code coverage conduction followed by a standard report. We guarantee that there are no interferences between the software elements (Obstruction of Execution, Deadlocks, Livelocks, Instruction Execution Time etc.)
To achieve an extensive test coverage, we perform the software tests using the following methods: Interfaces Test, Fault Injection Test, Resources Test.
We verify your software using the Hardware-in-the-Loop (HiL) procedure.
Pre-series development of a ferry boat on the river Euphrates with a hybrid system
The following factors had to be considered during the conceptional phase:
- Dead weight of the ferry
- Weight including passengers and loads
- Electrical consumers like fridges, air conditioning etc.
- Flow rate of the Euphrates in knots
- Speed over water
- Operational hours of the ferry
- Self-sufficient energy input on the ferry through solar panels
- Charging options at port