EUCAR hazard level versus ASA ranking: how are these two terms related?
The success of e-mobility strongly depends on the development of powerful and safety lithium-ion battery systems. The safety of such systems is based on the mastery of chemical, mechanical and electrical hazards. The criticality of these hazards is assessed according to EUCAR and ISO 26262. Hence, various constructive and functional measures are derived.
In the workshop will be introduced following:
- Technology of Lithium-Ion-Batteries
- Concept of Battery Management Systems
- Hazards of Lithium-Ion-Battery and Battery Management Systems
- Risk assessment by means of EUCAR & ISO 26262
- Comparison between EUCAR classification & ASIL rating
- Risk management methods